The Museum


The historically most significant building complex in the Upper Town (“Obere Stadt”) consists of three buildings. These were erected between 1410 and 1477:

   - the Herzogsburg,

   - the adjacent "Pfleghof" serving as official building,

   - the "Kasten" serving as granary, and the ducal stables.


All three buildings have been put to use as museum to give visitors an insight of cultural and local history from the early beginnings all the way to the present day. In addition, the Museum provides the perfect space and ambience for contemporary cultural and community use. A café & restaurant rounds off the picture and with its gorgeous inner courtyards invites visitors to linger and chat about the impressions of the exhibition.

zu den englischen Seitenzu den deutschen Seiten

drucken nach oben